Stroke Treatment & Recovery Center
About Our Primary Stroke Treatment & Recovery Center
Ocean Medical Center is a designated Primary Stroke Center that provides for the needs of stroke patients quickly and efficiently - 24/7.
Time is critical! The sooner you receive treatment, the better your chances of recovery. The stroke team at Ocean is able to deliver lifesaving clot-busting medication within the vital three-hour window of opportunity.
Key features of the Primary Stroke Center include:
- Full-time coverage by our rapid-response stroke team comprised of a nurse practitioner or R.N. and a neurologist
- Access to medication that can be administered within the three-hour window in our Emergency Department or in our Critical Care Unit for inpatient stroke emergencies
- 24 hour access to comprehensive diagnostic equipment including laboratory testing and CT Scan
- Shore Rehabilitation Institute is on-site to continue the rehabilitation process should it be required
- Comprehensive Interdisciplinary Continuum of Care — from early intervention in the Emergency Department to rehabilitation, home care, assisted living, and medical equipment
Call 911 immediately if you experience any of the following symptoms of stroke:
- Sudden weakness or numbness, especially on one side of the body
- Difficulty speaking or understanding
- Sudden vision changes
- Dizziness, balance problems, or difficulty walking
- Sudden severe headache
- Ocean Medical Center, 425 Jack Martin Boulevard, Brick, NJ 08724
Find a Physician
Looking for a physician in your area? By using our Physician Directory, you can search for a New Jersey physician by specialty, facility, town, and zip code right now.
For more information on any physician, call 1-800-DOCTORS or 1-800-560-9990.