Applying to Our Program
Thank you for your interest in pursuing a Family Medicine Residency position at Hackensack Meridian Health Ocean Medical Center.
Residency program applications will be accepted and reviewed only via ERAS (Electronic Residency Application Service). Applications will be accepted beginning in September 2019 for the Match that takes place the following March 2020. Applicants are urged to submit their completed applications early in September when ERAS opens. This ensures prompt review of their applications and facilitates early correspondence for those candidates selected to interview with our program.
The ERAS website can be accessed by clicking here. Our residency program application requirements are
- Applicants must have all premedical requirements (3 credits for physics, chemistry and biology.
- Must graduate from an LCME, AOA, or WHO directory official medical school.
- International Medical School Graduates must pass the USMLE Step I and Step II – CK/CS Exam or Comlex I and II and be eligible for an ECFMG certificate. Priority is given to applicants who pass on 1st attempt.
- Satisfactory completion of clinical clerkships of at least 4 week duration in each (internal medicine, surgery, obstetrics and gynecology, pediatrics, and psychiatry). Foreign graduates can use their Rotating Internship Certificate as verification.
- Identification of US Citizenship or Permanent Residence Status. We do not accept J1 and H1b visas.
- Deadline for application acceptance is December 1.
- All applicants are considered regardless of age, gender, race, religion, place of origin, marital status, parental status, disability or any other factor.