About Our Medication Management Program
The Meridian Pharmacology Institute at Ocean Medical Center is unique in the state of New Jersey. Our goal is to decrease the incidence of medication-related problems for individuals who take multiple medications for chronic medical conditions.
Our services include:
- RxCheck, a comprehensive personal medication review by a specialty-trained and certified consultant pharmacist
- Diabetes Monitoring Program, a diabetes education program including the utilization of new technology for better outcomes.
Our staff of consultant pharmacists provide an array of services such as managing a patient’s medications, advising on the correct way to administer medications, providing guidance for caregivers, and assessing a patient’s drug regimen. More specifically, our consultant pharmacists:
- Identify and reduce medication-related problems such as side effects and drug interactions
- Help identify and eliminate unnecessary medications, simplify taking medications, and reduce medication costs
- Recommend appropriate packaging and dosage forms for easier use of medications
- Serve as your advocate with your physicians to ensure the use of the most appropriate medications
- Provide you with a Personal Medication Record and Written Action Plan
- Help manage chronic disease states like Diabetes, Congestive Heart Failure, COPD, and High Cholesterol
Find a Physician
Looking for a physician in your area? By using our Physician Directory, you can search for a New Jersey physician by specialty, facility, town, and zip code right now.
For more information on any physician, call 800-560-9990.