Orthopedics & Joint Replacement
Preparing for Joint Replacement Surgery
The Orthopedic Excellence Team at Ocean Medical Center understands that making the decision to have a joint replacement or spine surgery is a difficult one. We do everything we can to facilitate a quick and comfortable recovery, including a pre-operative education class.
This session provides an overview on:
- How to best prepare for surgery
- What to expect during their hospital stay
- What to expect during rehabilitation therapy
- How to prepare for home
About the pre-operative education class:
- Discussions are lead by one of our registered nurses from the Joint Replacement Program.
- Physical therapy staff will explain the equipment and schedule for your therapy.
- A surgical preparation nurse will review the preparation process, and answer questions related to medication and pre-surgical procedures.
We encourage you to bring a “coach” to cheer you on and provide the much needed support through your rehabilitation. Your coach can be a family member, friend, neighbor, or anyone who can support you, help ask questions, and receive helpful information.
To learn more about registering for the pre-operative class offered by the Center for Total Joint & Spine Care, please call 732-836-4615.
The Center for Total Joint and Spine Care and pre-operative class is located on the new 3 South West Pavilion at Ocean Medical Center.
Education related to discharge planning:
- A team consisting of you, your surgeon, case manager, therapists and nurse will help guide you in the discharge process
- Our Meridian At Home team is dedicated to making your transition back home as smooth as possible. Click here to learn more about Home Rehabilitation.
- Discharge planning begins at the surgeon’s office. Start talking to your surgeon about home care options and learn more about the goals for post- operative therapy.
Find a Physician
Looking for a physician in your area? By using our Physician Directory, you can search for a New Jersey physician by specialty, facility, town, and zip code right now.
For more information on any physician, call 800-560-9990.
Ocean Medical Center
425 Jack Martin Boulevard
Brick, NJ 08724
To learn more about registering for the pre-operative class offered by the Center for Total Joint & Spine Care, please call 732-836-4614.