Stroke Treatment & Recovery Center
About Our Primary Stroke Treatment & Recovery Center
Meeting the highest national standards for safety and quality, Ocean University Medical Center is a nationally accredited Primary Stroke Center by The Joint Commission. Our center was also named a Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Stroke by Healthgrades in 2020.
Time is critical! The sooner you receive treatment, the better your chances of recovery. The stroke team at Ocean is able to deliver lifesaving clot-busting medication within the vital three-hour window of opportunity.
Key features of the Primary Stroke Center include:
- Full-time coverage by our rapid-response stroke team comprised of a nurse practitioner or R.N. and a neurologist
- Access to medication that can be administered within the three-hour window in our Emergency Department or in our Critical Care Unit for inpatient stroke emergencies
- 24 hour access to comprehensive diagnostic equipment including laboratory testing and CT Scan
- Shore Rehabilitation Institute is on-site to continue the rehabilitation process should it be required
- Comprehensive Interdisciplinary Continuum of Care — from early intervention in the Emergency Department to rehabilitation, home care, assisted living, and medical equipment
Call 911 immediately if you experience any of the following symptoms of stroke:
- Sudden weakness or numbness, especially on one side of the body
- Difficulty speaking or understanding
- Sudden vision changes
- Dizziness, balance problems, or difficulty walking
- Sudden severe headache
Find a Physician
Looking for a physician in your area? By using our Physician Directory, you can search for a New Jersey physician by specialty, facility, town, and zip code right now.
For more information on any physician, call 800-560-9990.