Women’s Imaging Pavilion
Digital Mammography Procedure & Women's Health
Digital Mammography, an X-ray of the breast tissue, is the most effective way to detect breast cancer in its earliest stage. This technology can detect breast changes long before they can be felt, giving you more choices in treatment options and a greater chance of survival. Our state-of-the-art digital mammography systems provide high quality images with very low doses of radiation. Our mammography services are accredited by the American College of Radiology and certified by the Food and Drug Administration.
After you get a prescription from your physician for your mammogram, you can schedule an appointment by calling us at 732-836-4025.
What to Bring:
- Prescription from your physician
- Your health insurance cards
- Any previous mammography films
What to Wear:
- Wear a two-piece garment for your comfort and changing ease
- Avoid wearing any deodorant, powder, or lotion in your breast and underarm area
Once you Arrive:
- You will complete a short medical history form
- You will be shown to a private changing area
- Your mammography exam will be performed by one of our certified female mammography technologists.
After the Exam:
- Your films will be reviewed and a written report will be sent to your physician.
If further evaluation is necessary, we offer a full array of diagnostic procedures, including breast ultrasound, aspirations, needle biopsies, and needle localizations. Second opinion film consultations and surgical referrals are available if desired.
Find a Physician
Looking for a physician in your area? By using our Physician Directory, you can search for a New Jersey physician by specialty, facility, town, and zip code right now.
For more information on any physician, call 800-560-9990.
Ocean Medical Center
425 Jack Martin Boulevard
Brick, NJ 08724
To make an appointment at the Women’s Imaging Pavilion or to learn more about our services, please call 732-836-4025.
Hours of Operation:
Monday through Friday:
7 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Saturday & Sunday:
7 a.m. – 3 p.m.