Emergency Department at Ocean Medical Center
It’s time for an Emergency Room that understands you better.
Emergencies are stressful, but your ER experience doesn’t have to be. Built to give you the highest level of care and comfort the moment you arrive, our newly expanded Hirair and Anna Hovnanian Emergency Care Center at Ocean Medical Center is specially designed with designated lounge areas, a calming atmosphere and the latest technology in order for you to receive the right care, quicker. The new Emergency Department is designed to provide every patient and their family the best care in a beautiful and comfortable healing environment.
- Comfort and compassion: As you arrive at the Emergency Department, your stress levels will decrease knowing that you can park for free or utilize the free valet services available for you to quickly exit your vehicle and enter into our spacious, modern lobby. A specially designed, large canopy protects you and your guests from inclement weather, and a friendly team member promptly assists you. You’ll immediately notice an Emergency Department unlike any other, one that features unique and interesting art, comfortable lounges, private treatment areas, and an atmosphere that promotes healing and tranquility.
- Highest quality care: From the moment you enter the Emergency Department, you will encounter a compassionate and highly-trained team. You will be treated with respect and courtesy as our expert board-certified emergency medicine physicians and certified, Magnet award winning nurses work as efficiently as possible to satisfy your health care needs. The team is prepared to care for all levels of illness or injury, including advanced expertise for stroke and heart attack patients.
- Technology and expertise: Our experienced team of medical professionals is focused solely on your health, with the facilities and technology necessary to treat you best. The Emergency Department has state-of-the-art CT and X-ray technology right in the treatment area. Digital imaging offers quick results with exceptional quality. Whether you are being seen for a serious condition in the main treatment area or a quick visit in our Express Care area, the new Emergency Department is equipped to treat you as efficiently as possible.
- Family-friendly: Emergencies can be especially stressful for children, but at the Dorothy B. Hersh Pediatric Care Center, they don’t have to be. Located adjacent to the main Emergency Department, this secure, dedicated area gives you and your family the highest level of care and comfort the moment you arrive. The Pediatric Care Center has a lounge, private rooms, and amenities that are separate from adult patients, offering a calming atmosphere for your family, paired with an experienced pediatric team of experts for your peace of mind.
- Privacy and safety: As a patient in the Emergency Department, your privacy and well being are our highest priority. We offer comfort and privacy in 49 private rooms, and have a specially-designed, dedicated Behavioral Health unit for those patients who require care in a private, secure area.
See for YourselfIf you are interested in touring the new Emergency Department at Ocean Medical Center or if you would like more information, please call 732-840-3279.
About Our Quality Services
As an accredited Chest Pain Center, Ocean Medical Center provides care for heart attacks and other cardiovascular conditions. This allows our interventional cardiologists and the rest of our highly skilled staff to treat even the most difficult cardiac cases with the most advanced technology and expertise. Through the Chest Pain center, patients have direct access to Meridian’s Cardiovascular Network.
As a designated Primary Stroke Center, the Emergency Department provides for the needs of stroke patients quickly and efficiently - 24/7. The stroke team at Ocean is able to deliver the lifesaving clot-busting medication that can be administered within the three-hour window in our Emergency Department. Patients who require further treatment have access to Meridian’s Neuroscience Network.
The children of southern Monmouth and Ocean County now have their own family friendly area in the Pediatric Care Center, which includes eight private rooms in a private observation area for families to comfort their children. Board certified pediatricians provide care for pediatric emergencies, surgical recoveries and other routine medical issues.
As part of the Meridian Pediatric Network, the Pediatric Care Center provides access to more than 100 pediatric specialists at K. Hovnanian Children’s Hospital at Jersey Shore University Medical Center for surgery, trauma, intensive care and specialty care.
At Ocean Medical Center, we are committed to providing our community with the finest emergency care. Whether it's at our new main Emergency Department at Ocean Medical Center in Brick or at Ocean Care Center in Point Pleasant, we are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, close by whenever you need us.
Both centers are staffed by emergency medicine physicians, nurses, and technicians specially trained and experienced in emergency care. Additionally, patients have access to advanced diagnostic and treatment technology at both facilities.
When emergencies happen, Ocean Medical Center is committed to providing you and your family exceptional care when you need it most.
- Ocean Care Center,
1517 Richmond Avenue (Intersection of Route 35 & 88), Point Pleasant, NJ 08742
- Ocean Medical Center, 425 Jack Martin Boulevard, Brick, NJ 08724
Find a Physician
Looking for a physician in your area? By using our Physician Directory, you can search for a New Jersey physician by specialty, facility, town, and zip code right now.
For more information on any physician, call 1-800-DOCTORS or 1-800-560-9990.